Designer Dupes

Gluten, dairy and sugar free banana & cinnamon pancakes.

11 January 2017



This my first edition of my 'What To Eat' series, where I'll post my own delicious recipes! My recipes will be for everyone but especially for those on a low FODMAP diet. A  FODMAP diet means that I just have to either avoid or reduce high FODMAP foods. Like one in five people, I suffer from IBS, which can be sometimes annoyingly overlooked. As, I am not an health expert or nutritionalist I have linked in websites that can offer you more information. I must say that there has been more gluten and dairy free options on the market but not enough. This is why I decided to start making my own food, where it can still be tasteful but harmless.




Ingredients                                                             

  • 2 Bananas
  • 2tsp of Cinnamon
  • 1tsp of baking powder
  • 120g of gluten-free plain flour
  • 1 medium sized egg
  • 150ml Soya milk or any other dairy alternative 
  • Dairy free spread for frying
  • Maple syrup


Method

  1.  Mash one banana 
  2.  Beat together the flour, baking powder, egg and milk
  3.  Add the cinnamon and the banana 
  4.  Beat again
  5.  Heat pan on medium hob and use dairy free spread 
  6.  Decorate with your other banana and maple syrup

.
This doesn't take very long and taste delicious, bare in mind the cinnamon will change the colour of the pancake. Enjoy!





Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© what to wear. Design by Fearne.