Designer Dupes

Face the cold

18 January 2017











January weather has taken a toll on my skin. I have naturally dry skin and hair, so  I'm pretty used to managing it. Recently I have felt as though, my creams haven't been working and the dry winter air is taking up all the moisture from my hair and skin. I have been looking for the best products to keep my hair and skin in shape and here are my top five...






1.

Kiehl's  has always been a favourite of mine when it comes to skincare, as someone who has eczema, I find that Kiehl's doesn't irritate my skin or give me any discolouration. At £24 the ultra facial cream 25ml is really affordable and great for what it does. I do think it's a God send as it does keep my face moisturised throughout the day.


2.



The Nivea smooth nourishing hand cream is amazing and comes in several different sizes which is so convenient. I have the 30ml one, which is so handy because it easily fits into my bag without any hassle, This size is also good for testing it out if you don't want to invest in a bigger tube just yet.


3.


Carmex is probably one of my all time favourites when it comes to skincare. My mother always says 'if it is cold enough to wear a coat then it's cold enough to wear a coat (lip balm) on your lips.' So, never leave the house without wearing something on your lips. Your lips are probably the one thing that's dry all year round because the summer heat and winter winds make your lips supper chapped, which is why it's important to look after them. Carmex have a variation of lip balm products, but the best one is the pot as it last longer than the tube, which happens to be the same price.

4.


Oils for your hair are so important as they help prevent breakage and damaged hair. This hair oil from OGX is really good for all hair types and it smells lovely. Another alternative that I really love is castor oil, it's great for really dry hair as it keeps your hair moisturised and help with growth. Castor oil can have an unfavourable smell so sunny isle sell coconut or lavender oil infused alternative for a nicer smell.



5.  

The coconut oil body cream from palmers, is very good as it is quite thick and keeps your skin moisturised throughout the whole day. It smells lovely and is very affordable at £4.99.

Overall water is the best thing that you can do for yourself. It hydrates your skin and helps to cleanse it. So keep on drinking water guys. x

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© what to wear. Design by Fearne.