Designer Dupes

Love yourself

10 February 2016




Wednesday Wisdom #1

As it's a new year I want to try new things but not just any random stuff. I want to focus on things that have happened to me and share my experience by giving advice to others. Wednesday Wisdom is something that will allow me to talk about social issues that people tend to avoid. I am not an expert but I am human and therefore I have some experience in life, so every Wednesday I will post a bit of 'Wednesday Wisdom', it may be a light read or super heartfelt but the main thing is me giving some encouragement.  I chose Wednesday because I usually post on Wednesdays and I didn't want to mix my other posts with this. Wednesday is also the halfway point of the week and sometimes I find you just need some encouragement during the week or just a nice read.


Love yourself

Yes, this is a Justin Bieber Lyric but it is really important to give yourself a pat on the back sometimes.

I've noticed lately that more and more people especially young people are falling into depression. There are many factors that play into depression such as school, family, friends and sometimes it can come from nowhere. However you don't need to be depressed to be feeling down or negative about yourself, sometimes you may just be feeling that way for many reasons.

For me personally school over the past couple of years has become extremely overwhelming. I found it really hard to keep up with others and I had the constant pressure of being perfect within my academic success. I think what's an important thing to remember is that 'you should never be the smartest person in the room . There is always going to be somebody who's smarter to learn from and that's a good thing.' Jessica Alba. I'm not encouraging you not to be the smartest person and I don't think Jessica Alba is either,the message is that if you're not the best at something you will be. I think we all forget that were human and we're learning something new something everyday whether it be about ourselves or the world around us. My point is that you've done a lot already in order to get yourself somewhere so be proud. If you haven't done anything or feel that way then change that. There are so many ways to stay on top such as timetables or a notebook.Be organised, look after yourself if your helping others make sure your receiving the same attention your giving. There's a fine line between loving yourself and pitying oneself. If you can't do something on your own then ask for help because you're still doing something.

Reach for the stars! We all have dreams some big and others small! All dreams are possible, you just need to work out where to start. Obviously you're not going to start at the top unless you're super luck. The bottom is fine just as long you have ambition to move  forward, write down your goals and ask your parents, teachers or even use the internet to work out where to begin. Change only happens if you want it to.Remember that you pave your own destiny not your parents, friends or society.

Looks looks looks. Self image is becoming more important than it ever was before. Social media can be a wonderful platform for an individual to curate their own image for themselves but it can also destroy an individual. Instagram is a great way to see what others are doing but you also tend to compare yourself to others, which is normal. Although too much comparison is unhealthy, you aren't like everyone else and there is only one you for a reason so it's futile to be a copy of someone else. We're all biologically different so there are something we can and can't do. Treat your body as a temple! Health is so important as it can affect you in so many was without you realising. Eat right and sleep right. Do a bit of exercise, if you don't have time then walk at least 10,000 steps a day, then bump it up to 15,000 steps. 

Company. Who you surround yourself with are the people that help shape you. Family are biological and friends are your logical family. If you notice that the people around always see 'the glass as half empty' then maybe you shouldn't have them as company. You need people that will always be uplifting and you the same. Don't stay in a friendship if you're giving more than you're receiving. Friendship isn't a one way street.

Respect yourself in order to love yourself xoxo








Disclaimer: I wouldn't write about something unless I have an understanding or experience.

2 comments

  1. Such a great read and you definitely have such great advice! Love it! Keep it up xx
    chezzyrose.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much I'm glad you like it this really made my day thank you xx

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© what to wear. Design by Fearne.